Amaretto apples would put a fitting end to a dinner for two. This is a quick cookery method and the outome, a delicious dessert.
- Peel apples, core, cut into 1/2-inch dice and set aside.
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add apples, sprinkle with sugar and saute until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in raisins. Add liqueur and cook until liquid reduces to glaze, about 1 minute.
- Divide between 2 dessert dishes. Garnish with almonds and whipped cream. Serve immediately.
You can prepare bread sauce in advance and warm it just before serving.
The point just below the boiling point is known as the scalding point. Bringing the milk to the scalding point means to heat it to just below the boiling point, without actually letting it boil.