Apple Cider Pickled Jalapeños
Pickled hot peppers.
1 lbchili peppers (Jalapeno chili peppers)
1⁄3 colive oil
2onion (white, medium size)
2carrot (medium size, peeled and thicklu sliced)
1 headgarlic (cloves separated but not peeled)
3 cvinegar (apple cider vinegar)
2 Tsalt (kosher or sea salt)
2 leafbay leaf
1⁄2 toregano (dried, or 2 sprigs fresh)
1⁄4 tmarjoram (dried, or 2 sprigs fresh)
1⁄4 tthyme (dried, or 2 sprigs fresh)
- Wash the pepper, leaving the stems intact. Cut an X in the tip end of each pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet. Add peppers, onions, carrots, and garlic, frying over a medium heat for approximately 10 minutes, turning them occasionally.
- Stir in the vinegar, salt, herbs, and sugar bringing to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Fill 6 half-pint sterilized canning jars with the peppers and vegetables. Top with the vinegar, leaving 1/2 inch head space, and seal.
- Once cool, store in refrigerator ONLY. Once opened, will keep for 1 month.